Recipes

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mornings Gone Wrong! What to do?

Or in the face of mornings gone wrong!
We all have mornings that go wrong....miserably wrong. Somehow, I have managed to have two of these mornings in a row: Yesterday and Today. How is that possible? I didn't even really think about it until my sister called me this morning to vent about her morning going wrong. I think being a mom is pretty much dodging (or learning to deal with) mornings gone wrong. Yesterday, I was trying to hurry so I could start a tutoring session and Lil' M poops in the tub. YAY... I had to stop, give him another bath, disinfect the tub and bath toys, and so on. This morning when we're supposed to be leaving to run errands all he wants to do is nurse and take a nap. So what do we moms do? Conform our plans to our children. What do I do with my mornings gone wrong? Let them roll of my back and form a new plan. I won't let these wrong mornings get to me. I will make them work for me! How do you deal with your mornings gone wrong?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those are so tough. They bring a whole new level of patience & frustration all at once. I try to make flexible plans. This morning, Emmalyn's appt was at 9am. She ALWAYS wakes up by 8am, so I never set an alarm. Well, today she decided to sleep in til 9:15am. So I did too. Haha. I called her ped's office & they rescheduled us for 1pm today. Sometimes our children just need more sleep, more eating time, more bath time, etc than we anticipate. Gotta love having little bosses. ;)

    ReplyDelete