Recipes

Saturday, April 21, 2012

DIY Homemade cleaner

This past week has been crazy. My parents came in town for a visit so prior to them coming, I was a cleaning machine.
I have been WAITING and WAITING to make my own homemade cleaner and I felt like this was the perfect opportunity. I have been waiting on my store bought cleaners to run out because I did not want to waste them. I always feel like my store bought cleaners run out too quickly, but this time since I wanted them to run out so I could make my own, they took FOREVER to dwindle down.

I talked to a few friends, viewed a few websites, and this is what I came up with:

Disinfectant, all-purpose cleaner: If you make some of your other cleaners, you probably have these items on hand.

Vinegar
Hot Water
Borax
Liquid Castile
Tea Tree Oil
Simple Ingredients!
 Spray bottle    
I used an old 409 spray bottle

Instructions:
Fill your bottle half way with vinegar
Add about 1/2 a tsp liquid castile per 3 cups of liquid
Fill the other half of the bottle with very hot water
Next add 2 tsps of borax per 3 cups of liquid and shake the bottle so it dissolves
Then add 10-12 drops of tea tree oil per 3 cups liquid


I plan on going to Walmart and buying a much bigger bottle to store my cleaner in and just keeping the small bottle under my kitchen sink. You can use this in the kitchen or bathroom. This cleaner disinfects because of the tea tree, liquid castile, and borax along with the vinegar.

SO put it together and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment