Recipes

Monday, April 9, 2012

WORKOUT: Preparation for be a Soldier for a Day

Soooo....I got this flyer that said: Jane Wayne Day a.k.a Be a Soldier for a Day
Then I got this great idea: that my friends and I should participate....
It is this Friday and the closer it gets the more worried I am. So I am tailoring my workouts this week to kick butt and make me push myself extremely hard.
So today, I did a body rock workout and ran 1.5 miles! Go Me!
Workout:
BodyRock Original Workout:
There are 2 parts to this workout:
Part One:
Set your interval timer to 10/10 for 12 rounds & complete the following two exercises back to back completing as many reps as you can.
1) Plie Squat Jumps & Mountain Climbers
2)  Complete 200 High Knee Skips
Reset your interval timer again for 12 rounds of 10/10 again and complete the following two exercises below, push as hard as you can
3) Jump Lunge & Mountain Climbers


This was just part one. Go here for part 2 and the bonus workout.
P.S. Why do they call it a bonus workout? It sure doesn't feel like a bonus when you're doing it, but the way my booty is burning right now feels kind of nice in a get-in-shape kinda way. :)

Then I got one of these for 1.5 miles:
Sure wish I looked this good running!
 Afterwards I thought I might drop dead, but after some extra water to replenish and a quick salad for a snack, I felt great!
Bring on Be a Soldier for a Day!!!! I'll kick butt!

1 comment: