Recipes

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Workout: Day 2 & 3 Preparation for Be a Soldier Day

Hmmm....still wondering why I thought I would take on this Be A Soldier for a Day thing, but I'm still ready to conquer it.

Here's what I did to prepare the last 2 days:

Day 2: I was still so sore from Day 1 that I could barely moved, but I managed to push through it.

Bodyrock workout: This is the booty lover workout.....not sure that my booty loves me right now, but maybe in a week it will :)


I think this is a pretty nice booty
And this one:

This is what I imagined my butt looking like after working out!
So I made it through Day 2 doing: Frog jumps, push-ups, switch lunges, squats, leg lifts, and tons of abs. Click the link above and give it a try!

Day 3: I did another bodyrock workout. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this website! The workouts are short and simple and my lil' M can sit through them easily. I'm hoping tomorrow I can throw in a run with my workout since the weather was too nasty today.


Workout:  Another booty lover workout...this week is all about butts, thighs, and legs.

Another great booty....gotta keep working for this!
This workout required a lot of squats, switch lunges, push-ups, and planks....not to mention 12 rounds of the exercises, but it feels so good to sweat it out!

To top my exercises off, today I cooked this wonderfully lean dinner that I got from this website:


I followed the recipe and directions exactly except (there's always an except) I swapped out the type of fish. I don't particularly care for Tilapia so I decided to cook Swai. Swai is a very mild, moist white fish. It was delicious!

What you need:
Swai fillets 

½ cup whole wheat flour


fresh lemon slices


olive oil


salt + pepper



What to do:
  • Heat your pan over medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
  • While pan is heating, salt and pepper fish to taste. Place flour on a flat plate and coat each side of the fish in the flour
  • When the pan is hot, place the fish in the pan. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes on one side until that side is crispy. 
  • Carefully turn the fish over, and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes on the other side until crispy. Test for your desired doneness.
Serve with some beautifully nutritious, delicious roasted broccoli like I did instead of the rice and your dinner is carb-free. Enjoy!
I could eat this all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment