Recipes

Friday, April 27, 2012

Superfood and Sickness

Somehow I started this blog this morning and am now finally getting to write something. My poor little monkey has been sick for the past 3 days. I have spent all day cuddling, feeding, and administering medicine. That is why this post is just now getting written. I hate my little monkey being sick because he looks and feels so miserable, but I do love the extra cuddles that come with him not feeling well!

This morning amidst all the going-ons I stumbled upon this awesome superfood! It slapped me in the face like a big "DUH!!" I was putting together the little one's breakfast when he decided he did not want to eat, but take a nap instead. I was left with an opened banana and half of an avocado along with the oatmeal I had just cooked for myself. I frequently feed my little one mashed avocado and banana and he loves it! Instead of letting the banana and avocado get brown and gross, I decided to try it in my oatmeal. WAIT! WAIT! Before you get grossed out, it was delicious! I know it sounds disgusting and it definitely does not look appetizing when you mix oatmeal, banana, and avocado together because it comes out this funny green color, but it DOES taste great and it's great for your body.

Yummy Green Food!

How is it great for your body:
Yummy fibrous oatmeal
Healthy fats from the avocado
Potassium and all sorts of great things from the banana
Therefore, SUPERFOOD! (you also get in one fruit and one veggie all at breakfast)
Add in a cup of green tea with honey to sweeten and you have antioxidants and other nutritious ingredients also!

How to make it:

Mash the avocado and banana into your cooked oatmeal and....BAM!!!  There's your delicious, super food breakfast. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE bananas, avocados, and oatmeal...I GOTTA TRY THIS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely delish! And if your avocados are still a little firm from not ripening yet (I have a hard time waiting patiently for them to ripen) just use one of those immersion (handheld) blenders and it works wonders.

    ReplyDelete