Recipes

Monday, May 7, 2012

Workout: 1 month to get ready for this Army Ball

I haven't blogged in a while mostly because I've been busy enjoying my time with my parents while they are visiting. This past weekend I suddenly realized that I have barely over a month until the Army Ball. It is June 16th and I plan on looking bangin' along with fitting into this red dress I own. I wore this dress to my sister's wedding and love, love, love it! I have yet to try it on since having the baby and would love to not have to have it altered. Ok, well maybe I'll have it altered a little because I'm thinking the post-baby, currently breast feeding girls I have hanging out on my chest ARE going to fit into a dress I wore pre-baby.
This is not the red dress, but this is me pre-baby (well pre-big belly) so I wouldn't mind this body again!

So I have devised a plan:

Cardio and strength training 5 days a week: I want it to consist of these exercises:
  •  Swimming
  • Running
  • Hiking
  • Bodyrock
  • Some other form of Cross-training
Next I will watch my calories and the types of food I'm eating:
This means more veggies and fruit, less carbs.
Next I want to burn 600 calories or more when working out.
Finally, I will stay accountable on here by posting every other day.

Today's workout:
1 mile on the treadmill
50 min TRX crosstraining workout class

I wanted to do longer on the treadmill, but I had to go to an orientation for the munchkin so I cut it short, but tomorrow I will do longer!

Today's food:
Breakfast: Oatmeal
Snack: dried apricots
Lunch: Sweet potato and cauliflower soup
Dinner: Roast potatoes, Chicken Leg, and Brussels sprouts

So here goes nothing! I will conquer this dress!
'Nuff Said!

2 comments:

  1. WOO!! Go girl!! You'll get into that little red dress, I'm excited! :) This was extremely motivating, great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to try it on in about 2 weeks and see where I need to go from there!

      Delete