Recipes

Friday, September 7, 2012

Run and Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps!

So...I have been gone for a while BECAUSE as usual my life has gotten hectic. This does not mean
I stopped exercising. I did stop for about a week because my poor munchkin caught hand, foot, mouth from the daycare and gave it to me! We had about a week and a half of awfulness. Once it was done my parents came in town for Labor Day Weekend (fabulous!), and then I started my new job this past week.

Today, I want to tell you about my run and my bodyrock. It felt so good to lace up my sneakers and get back to running with Little Moo in the stroller. We ran almost 1.5 miles because we were taking it easy and then after he went down for his nap I did this bodyrock video by Lish. I love her and her videos because she is a mother of 3 kids and is just very realistic with her goals/ workouts!

Lately, I have been toying around with the idea of clean eating and getting defined abs. I have ALWAYS wanted abs, but have never put in the effort. I also eat clean most of the time, but want to start doing this 99% of the time. My goal is to change one thing a week to more homemade clean eating. This SHOULD help my goal of getting defined abs. If I do reach the abs goal, I will definitely post a before and after picture.

Here's one of my favorite, easy, go-to-on-a-busy night recipes:

BUFFALO CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS:

What you need:
Lettuce (I use green leaf or romaine, but really your choice)
1 to 2 cubed chicken breasts
Whole wheat or oat flour
Greek yogurt (cream cheese or sour cream will work)
Cheese
Salt
Pepper,
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Hot sauce

Love seeing so much green on my plate!


What to do:

Cook your chicken on medium high heat in a nonstick pan with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder to taste.  While your chicken is cooking, Rinse your lettuce and cut the end off. Lay out any toppings on the table that you may want in your lettuce wraps. Ideas: cheese, avocados, salsa, black beans, etc. Place 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour in a large bowl. Once your chicken is cooked thoroughly, add in 3 to 4 tbsps of Greek yogurt (cream cheese or sour cream) and hot sauce to your taste. Mix it in well until excess is soaked into the chicken. Remove pan from heat and toss the chicken into the flour. Make sure chicken is coated well. Put pan back on the heat with a little olive oil. Put chicken back in pan and cook until outside is crispy. Place chicken in lettuce and top with toppings of your choice. Add in an extra vegetable like green beans or broccoli for an extra side!



No comments:

Post a Comment