Recipes

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stacy's Mom....

This morning I started my run later then I typically do and the sun was blasting heat rays on my back.  Right about the last 1/2 mile of hill I seriously contemplated walking the rest of the way. I mean, who would know that I walked, right? The only people who would actually know would be Mason and me.

Even though I'm cut out he's so cute I had to add this

Prior to our run!


But then 2 little things happened....

I started pressing the next button on my iPod to see what other songs I had added to my playlist and this little gem that I had forgotten about popped up:

One of my favorite scene's from the music video!
Stacy's Mom by Fountain's of Wayne

You know this song. It goes something like:

Stacy's mom has got it going on....

If you're anywhere near my age, I'm sure you know remember this one hit wonder...that everyone, some ashamedly, will admit they absolutely loved it for it's catchy tune and over exaggeration in the music video.

So with a little embarrassment I have to admit that when this came on, I turned it up, and imagined the lyrics to be: Mason's mom has got it going on....
I know, I know.....but I really needed motivation to get over that last hill. 

Just as I turned the song up and decided to push through, what I saw next REALLY made me glad I didn't quit earlier. There was a mom with a DOUBLE JOGGER....running with her kids. Not twin infants....no she had an infant AND a toddler. If I had quit and then she rounded the corner, I would have felt slightly pathetic with just my measly little single jogger. 

So I finished a 2.92 mile jog/ 100 sit-ups/ 50 push-ups (would have been 3 miles but it was too hot for me to get creative and find another loop) because of my 2 awesome, surprise motivators.

What motivates you?

Afterwards: very tired and a lot worse for the wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment